Although I was unable to participate in this project over the weekend. I have had many experiences in my life not having the luxury of electricity. I have spent countless weekends camping and using fire and lanterns at night to provide light. Spending lots of time outside without the amenities of home or our cities infrastructure. It gives you a sense of realism that you can not get in the comfort of your own home.
I really enjoy spending time away from civilization and seeing how well I can do on my own in nature. Throughout my experiences I spent time trying to start a fire from a couple pieces of wood and some tinder. I went on one 2 day trip without food and was able to catch what we needed to eat. Granted it was a place where we could fish and my friend and I had no problems bringing home dinner. I have built facilities for a group to use while spending threee days on a river canoe trip. I have gone on night hikes without flashlights. I really enjoy getting away from civilization and have always dreamed of some day spending a week or two out in the wild and supplying my own food and shelter. For me spending time without electricity is not that bad. It allows me a lot of time to think about what I want in life and what I need to do to get there. The only problem is that we are a slave to society where you have to make money in order to survive.
No comments:
Post a Comment