I attended the Beall Center at UCI. Which I might add is hard to find if you have a GPS that does not like the address and have never been to that campus before. After driving around for a bit I new I was close and asked a parking structure attendant for help. He had no clue what I was talking about. I showed him the directions I found using my phone and he was able to point me in the right direction. The building was about 100 yards away in view from where we were talking. the building is small and has rotating exhibits. The current exhibit was called Eyecode: Works by Golan Levin. This was a fun exhibit to be at. There was about 8 installations and all of them were interactive. My girlfriend and I both agreed we had the most fun there. it is hard to explain all of the creations but I did take a few pictures.The first one was called Ghost Pole Propagator, you would walk in front of the screen that had stick figures moving around on it. When the sensor saw you your figure would show on the screen and follow your movements. It would record these and after walking around the small exhibit I Saw my figures floating around with all the others in the back ground.

The Second one had a camera that would show your face split into 3 layers and rotated through with other faces it had saved. So your mouth, eyes or forehead would be swapped with others at random to create different faces. After severl minutes of making faces and laughing we moved on.


I decided to take a picture of one other item while there. You could use your finger to write whatever you wanted on this little tablet and it would look as though the screen would freeze from the points where you touched it out until it went white and was ready to be used again.
No comments:
Post a Comment