I went to MOLAA this morning and walked around a bit before I found something that caught my eye. I guess most of the regular paintings and pictures I find in museums do not stimulate my senses. I find this to be true at every museum I have been to. The odd things are the ones that catch my eye and cause me to stop and observe them for a bit. I am not interested in figuring out what the creator of the piece was thinking but rather just enjoy what was created. There were two pieces I saw that really caught my eye. Both of them I could see from across the room and couldn't wait to get to them, hastily passing the other art pieces before them.
the first one was created by Murta Minujin in 1995 called Solo Una Manera, or Only One Way. I found this name to be the opposite of the art itself. The piece seemed to look different from whatever angle you looked at it. The shadows created by the strands hanging in the foreground moved with the breeze in the museum as well.

The second piece was created by Sara Modiano in 2007 called Inner connection. This piece was created from a picture in wich it was diced and then pulled out from the center. When you stand directly in front of it you can see the picture clearly but as you move to teh side the picture is lost in the blocks.

No comments:
Post a Comment