
This afternoon I went to the Bowers Museum. I have been there before but it was a very long time ago. As my girlfriend and I walked through I saw something on the wall that caught my eye. The word Shaman on the wall followed by South America. so we walked down that corridor through the exhibits and I didn't see anything related to it. I decided to take a couple pictures of painting that intrigued me. I enjoy outdoor sceneries and one of these painting seem to be done in its own style. On the way back out I was the reference to South American Shaman. It want much of an exhibit just a picture of South American with a few artifacts on the wall. Not what I was expecting.
The method of brushstrokes used by Conrad Buff in his Ocean Vista painting from the 1920's. His style used fine and well placed strokes of the brush to create a bigger picture that does not look so great up close but splendid from a distance. I took pictures from both views so you could see the difference.


The second picture caught my eye very similar to a place I have been before, on a stream fly fishing while a couple of deer came down to drink water. Interestingly enough I found the same sort of brush strokes in the painting. It was created by Joachim Ferdinand in 1885 called Untitled (redwoods). When I looked closely at the trees you could see the same style that Conrad Buff used in his paintings.


No comments:
Post a Comment